Thursday, December 17, 2009

Don't you love it when your kids teach you a great lesson?! Well, I always get my neighbor gifts but I usually wait until the last minute and this year is no different. We have already been lucky enough to have had visits from some of our neighbors. Last night as Landon said his prayer he prayed that people would keep coming and giving him stuff and that he would be the one to get to the door to get it. I just sat there and realized that it had not crossed his mind to be the one to deliver, do service, or help out some of our neighbors, friends or even strangers. The last couple years we have done a secret Santa family and delivered Christmas Eve but I am learning that the service needs to start earlier. So, we ran out to the store to start making some goodies to deliver to people. I want to make sure that he enjoys being the deliverer as much or more as the receiver especially during the holiday season.

3 comments:

Sara said...

So cute! your such a great mom!

Ben and Shani said...

It's okay Landon, I like to get to the door for the treats first too! HA HA!
Shani

Sanfilippo said...

Ooh, i hope you bring some treats over here and I get to open the door. Oops, maybe I didn't get the point of your story...