Sunday, March 22, 2009

Fallen OUT of love!

Zoey aka Zo Zo Bear


Remembering back to all the animals we had as kids the dogs were by far my favorite. We had many and I loved them all. I remember feeling bad when they got bit by snakes, washing them after the skunks got them, feeding them and so on. I loved the dog (Doc) Jason and I got for our first kid. He was a great spoiled only child until many years later when Landon came along and well he had to leave, he could not handle being with kids. It was sad seeing him go but I quickly got over it. Landon had a spring break job of watching Whitney and Tommys fat dog Zoey while they took a little road trip and lets say it reminded me of all the reason I have fallen OUT of love with dogs.
You have to clean up poop YUCK ~ when you live on acres that was never an issue
When they bark neighbors care ~ again never issue when you did not have neighbors
"Zo Zo Bear" kept sneaking on my couch
Slobber and hair abandoned throughout the house
Leashes are a must ~ again you guessed it, I don't think we ever owned a lease
When you open the front door out she darts ~ yes, again never a problem growing up
Kids that are allergic to peanuts are HIGHLY allergic to dogs tongues, who would have guessed the peanut oil in the dog food could be transferred to the poor little guys face and hives would immediately appear ~ Lesson learned.
So, Zoey can continue to extremely occasionally visit since the boys do love her! However, it was a nice reminder to me that I will only love dogs from a far and I never want to own one agian. Any ideas on how to convince Jason of this? He still thinks he needs a hunting dog, has he not learned form the three he has already had?!

2 comments:

Sanfilippo said...

I can not believe you did not enjoy the time that Zoey graced you with her presence. She is a very popular dog, we will have to find new sitters for our baby next time, I guess!

Sara White said...

Come on, the peanut allergy, while scary, was kind of pretty funny!