It went kinda like this:
Me: Van we are going to the doctor for your 3 year check up and Gunners 4 month check up.
Van: No! I hate the doctor I am not going!!
Me: Forcing him into the car...not a pretty site and it was defiantly not peaceful.
Medical Assistant: Will you step on the scale we just need your weight.
Van: No! Arms folded and feet not moving
Me: Picked him up and placed him on the scale.
MA: Okay lets get your height.
Me: Once again picking him up and putting his non-cooperative self against the wall.
Van: Yelling at the poor MA...you messed up my hair.
Me: thinking...really your hair?! It has never not been in a Mohawk since the day you were born!
Finally making it into the room.
MA: Okay lets get your blood pressure.
Van: I hate that!
MA: We have to do it (she was really patient with the beast of a child).
MA: Happily leaves the room as fast as she can.
Doc comes in checks out Gunner and on to Van....
Doc: Van do you know your colors?
Van: NO! Then gives in and tells all the colors in the room, counts for him, and sings his ABC's.
Doc: Okay Van hop up it is your turn.
Van: Fine but you are NOT taking my pants off and you are NOT putting the stick in my mouth!
Doc: No I am not taking your pants off and if you open your mouth big I won't use a stick.
Van: Actually cooperates for a minute then gets off the table and starts walking out while saying I am done I am going home now and opens the door.
Doc: How are you getting home?
Van: The steering wheel.
Me: No you are not get back in here.
Van: Oh I need the keys.
Me: You can't have them they are hidden.
Van: Yes I can you hide them in the diaper bag.
Me: About to kill him...get him back in and back on track..
Doc: Can you petal your trike?
Van: I am big I have a big bike not a trike and I don't wear a helmet and I love to crash into all the trash cans!
Me: For reals did he just say that?! Then I ask about sedating Van for his dentist appointment.
Van: Interrupts and tells the Doc... I hate the dentist I bite him!
Doc: Could not hold it in any more and just starts laughing.
It pretty much ends there....yeah right, I wish, on to the shots....
Just use your imagination! Any one want to go the the doctor with Van?! It is a great experience!
Well Van, you are outspoken and full of fire but we love you! Just for the books here is your info
Height: 3"5 50%
Weight: 34 solid pounds of muscle 75%
Friday, October 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Sounds pretty entertaining! I'll take him, so long as the dr knows he's not my kid! haha jk
hahahahahahaahahahah! sounds like our appts! we should go togther one day and REALLY give them a run for thier money! What doc did you see!!!???
This just came up in my Google Reader and I was laughing so hard. I had to read it to Jared and he got a kick out of it!
I love you Van! I should send him and Ben together. That would give them both a taste of their own medicine.
Shani
Post a Comment