Wednesday, November 18, 2009

365 days later....

One Year. I think it sounds more accurate when said as 365 days. One year sounds so quick and I don't thinks I would classify this year as a quick one. Landon and I had a great talk about today, I am pretty sure a few tears came which does not happen much in this house. He told me how much fun he had playing with Lorin. "He would always sit and play batman toys with me!" He also told me how "this one time Grandpa was up on the latter and I wanted to go up and help but I was a little scared so he took my hand and helped me go up." I tried to get more from Landon like when this was, or what they were doing? He looked at me like I was crazy and replied "going up the GREEN ladder". He told me how Lorin also let him eat his candy, which is why we decided to celebrate Lorin's heaven day by having a blue skittle party. Sounds weird but they were some of Lorin's favorite candy's and the boys loved it! Landon was totally into picking all the blue ones out and did not eat a single one until he was done. Van on the other hand totally different story, we actually found it disgusting at the thought of him touching them so he got his own bowl to happily devour! I love the fact that Landon has these memories and will be able to share them with Van and all the other littles in the family. I love that we are able to have the church in our lives and the knowledge that it gives us. The opportunity we have to be eternal families and to be together again. I love that Lorin lived a great life, set goals and accomplished them. I hope that my boys will do the same and am grateful they have another great example to follow. Thanks Lorin!!
Here is the result of our skittle party....
Five giant bags of skittles....
Only filled three very small containers so......
we found even smaller packaging!

1 comment:

Sara White said...

You just made me get all teary! Im glad you celebrated in a way that Lorin and the boys would see fit! I'm sure Lorin was watching and loving it!